FacilitiesWith skydiving being such a popular activity our centre has become a highly sought after destination for those wishing to experience jumping in the Algarve. Operating from the Aerodrome Municipal de Portimao, Alvor, Skydive Algarve boasts a 900m runway and large landing area of 46 hectacres and because of our location we can offer the highest altitudes for skydiving in Portugal.
Flying to 14,000ft / 4300m our fast turbine aircraft is one of the fastest jump planes in the world.
Whether you're looking for a tandem jump, a course for first time jumpers or you’re an experienced jumper celebrating your 1000th formation jump, Skydive Algarve welcome everyone to their Algarve Dropzone.
Our expert and professional team will take care of you and your safety whilst maintaining the fun and friendly atmosphere that Skydive Algarve is known for when coming to jump with us.
Skydive Algarve also offer a selection of training opportunities, which includes:
- Group events
- External AFF schools
- University skydiving trips
- Skydive Algarve boast some excellent facilities to support the skydiving operation. Our large aircraft hangar can be used for training and dirt-diving, several large screen TV’s and video editing stations are available for tandem, AFF and video production that can also be used for team training and post-jump group debriefs and we also have reserve repack facilities.
- Large packing hangar
- Classrooms and video station
- Large screen TV’s
- Efficient computerised manifest
- Our dropzone shop sells essential items from gloves and goggles to the L&B audible range.
- Car park
- Coastal location with stunning sea views
Eat and Drink at the SkyCafe - Aerodromo de Portimao
Open all day, every day, the SkyCafe offers a selection of Portuguese and international cuisine and is the perfect place to enjoy an ice cold beer at the end of the day.
Check it out on our Facebook page.
The coastal town of Alvor has a fantastic beach and plenty of bars and restaurants. Nearby Lagos and Praia de Rocha are popular with tourists, and the area is well-known for having plenty of activities to suit all tastes, so it’s an ideal place to bring the family.